- 1 (14 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons black olive, pitted
1. Whisk together the tahini paste and olive oil in a small measuring cup until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Reserve 2 tablespoons of chickpeas as a garnish.
3. Place the rest of the chickpeas in a food processor and process them for 15 seconds. Add lemon juice/water mixture, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Process until mixed, scraping down the bowl as necessary, 50-60 seconds.
4. While the food processor is running, slowly (in a steady stream) pour the tahini paste and olive oil mixture from the tube, and process until smooth and creamy, 30-40 seconds.
5. Transfer the hummus on a plate and sprinkle it with chopped parsley, pine nuts, olives, and reserved chickpeas.
6. Serve it with pita chips, carrot sticks or pretzels!